VLC Media Player 1.1.3
VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols without external codec or program.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC can play:
- MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 / DivX files from a hard disk, a CD-ROM drive, and so on
- DVDs, VCDs, and Audio CDs
- From satellite cards (DVB-S)
- Several types of network streams: UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP, RTSP, MMS, etc.
- From acquisition or encoding cards (on GNU/Linux and Windows only)
- Access and demuxers:
- fixes for FTP relatives path and FTP directory support
- fix for podcasts parsing
- DVD: fix an assert error and various memory leaks
- fix NULL dereferences, as reported by FortiGuard Lab, CVE-2010-2937 / VideoLAN-SA-1004
- fix a regression where the wrong entry was played
- fix m3u playlists exports
- fix video autoresize behaviour
- Update translations for Dutch, Sinhala, Hebrew, Estonian, Spanish and Bengali
- Windows and Mac:
- Update of many codecs libraries, fixing bugs and improving speed
- architecture-specific installations will now be replaced by specific updates
- Add AltiVec detetion for OpenBSD/powerpc